The PB Family

A UK Family lifestyle and beauty Blog. We are a family who range in age from 2 months - 70years! Join us as we review items, live our daily life and discuss the worlds happenings!

Monday 30 May 2011

Crochet class Pirates of the carribean and carboot bargains

I have decided to learn to crochet.
Well I say learn, I can crochet already but found it difficult to do from a pattern (read difficult as impossible!)
.  So I signed up for a class at our local wool shop with Heather and Joan.  The first class was great.  I had missed the first class due to being in hospital so the other ladies had already settled in.  And what a lovely bunch they are.  We had a great time chatting and crocheting away.  There were lots of different ages and ability's there and it was chat and craft all the way with everyone helping each other out and laughing at each others attempts!
 I started a crochet poncho for the new granddaughter we are waiting for (Lottie if you are reading this get a move on will you!)  I was addicted to it!  I couldn't wait to finish it and Mr CM had to make tea that evening as I was determined to get it finished!  I'm so pleased with it and cant wait to see it on the new bubs!  (again Lottie we are waiting!)
So the next day I was down the wool shop again getting a new pattern and wool to make a wrap for myself!  I cant wait to finish it!  We have a wedding to attend in July so I shall be using it then.  I rarely make anything for my self so it will be lovely to wear one of my own creations.  When its finished I will post some pictures up.

Yesterday I went to the local car boots with the family.  There are two ones local to us on a Saturday and they are close to my sister and mothers houses so we get to pop in there after for a well deserved cuppa!
I found so beautiful Vintage china.  A lovely jug and plate set which i did buy on separate stalls but they go together perfectly!  I also bought a !970s coffee set which I loved but Mr CM made me feel guilty with exclamations of "where on earth are we going to put that everywhere is full!"  so I gave it to my mother to put on her dresser as its too pretty to put away.  I will add pictures later as once again blogger is doing its own thing!

To finish the day I went to the picture to see Pirates of the Carribean with my sister in law and DIL.  We had a lovely time and this iscertainly a rare treat!  The last time I went to the cinema it was to see the Spiderwick cronicles with my two neices!  The film is brilliant.  I have to say im not a huge fan of the POC films but II do like Jonny Depp and he acted his heart out in this one!  Penelope Cruz takes on a good part too and is very different from other things Ive seen her do  It had all the things a good film should, action, adventure, comedy, romance and twists and turns you dont expect!  I wont go in to details as if you havennt seen it,  it will spoil it for you.  I will just say it is a must see film!

2 Comments:

At 30 May 2011 at 09:40 , Blogger Mel said...

hi hales :)
i can sort of crochet as well and like you i cant follow a pattern, yeah i know how to do doubles n trebles etc but ive never made anything, i did try a top once but failed lol but i dont have a local wool shop and theres classes round here but i do have a book with pics, but theres also vids online if u get stuck if youd like the links i can send them to you. im so glad the babies poncho turned out well. all i can do is squares and rounds lol but i want to try and make a bag ive knitted this long strap and i wanna put the bag bit into that, should be fun lmao

 
At 30 May 2011 at 10:28 , Blogger ThePBFamily said...

Yes I was the same as you mel but its reallt suprising how fast you pick it up. i still cant do a granny square though! im halfway through a crinoline lady for my mother in laws dressing table and its turning out really well. im very pleased with it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home